Thursday, June 10, 2010

Central Florida Cattle Ranch

We arrived on a gorgeous Sunday late afternoon to a Central Florida cattle ranch. It looked beautiful and we were excited about work camping and seeing the cows. The owner was polite and took us on a tour of the ranch assigning task for Jeanne and I. Jeanne got a gravy job inside and with air condition to boot. Me, I was assign outside grounds duty which was fine. Our campsite was nestled under enormous oaks and a stone’s throw from the bathroom and laundry room.  We could look out of our bus windows and see acres of cow pasture.

June10 013

Plus we had AC hook up, which meant we would get to try out our air conditioner! The night went well, however the little air conditioner couldn’t cool the whole bus. My solution though, was to divide the bedroom from the rest of the bus, but I wouldn’t test it till bed time. That morning I awoke to see a calf being bottle feed, which was a cool way to start a day. I made oatmeal and coffee for Jeanne and I and prepared to start the day. The owner left me a truck and tools for the day’s task, the bonus was a dog who hung out with me most of the day. I went about my digging and trimming, breaking for a chicken salad lunch. I finished up with my chores and took a nice warm shower! We left the ranch and headed out to the grocery store for water and supplies. The store was only a few miles away which is good because of The Great White Buffalo’s gas consumption. That night the air conditioner performed beyond our expectations! We were covered up to our necks in blankets thanks to partitioning off the bedroom. The next couple days went pretty much the same including seeing lots of wild turkeys and deer. The owner treated us to dinner at a local restaurant and when we got back we all took turns bottle feeding the calf. Soon we will strike camp and head out on another adventure.

June10 024

1 comment:

  1. i would like to ask you to take a look at this it will help your cattle.

    it is already being used in williston fl on horse ranch.

    thanks for your time.


    http://www.palamountains.net/products/bovine.aspx

    ReplyDelete