Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Conquering The Fence!

I finished creating a fence that was approximately 700 feet long on Wednesday of last week. It was a dividing fence to make one big pasture two. It started by using a Bobcat to auger the holes in. The operator did a great job and only was off on about 11 holes out of 88. That meant tuning those holes by hand with a rock bar and post hole diggers. I soon started setting posts using a string line to keep them in a straight line. I had a little help from a community service worker, but all in all I figured I did 90 % of the work. Hanging sixteen foot boards was a chore by myself, however once I discovered a system it was it easy. I used a cordless nail gun which was a blessing to have. Here’s a few pictures of the project.

Aug12 018Aug12 021 Aug12 025 Aug18 003 Aug18a 004 Aug18a 007 Aug24 031

That being done… moving on to the next project: The Porch Roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment