Friday, June 11, 2010

Horseflesh and Leather

Joe blogged his version of our stay at Ace of Hearts, now I’ll do mine. We had an awesome time staying there for a week. Here you can see the beautiful surroundings our bus was set in, and the resident alarm clock.

The Great White Buffalo Dusty the Rooster

My friend Sandy (the owner of the ranch) and I met years ago when I volunteered there with my first daughter. Here’s Sandy and I. She’s dressed for a Parelli demo she was going to that day with her beautiful horse Spirit (named after the Disney animation).

Sandy and I with Jadyn Sandy and Spirit

Sandy, Spirit, Jadyn

While we were there, Jadyn rode a cute little pony named Lisa, fed goats,  and she took a liking to Sadie, an 1800lb Belgian draft horse (she’s holding her lead in the picture). Our new friend, Joyce, also taught her how to make a horse back up using a natural horse training technique called Parelli.

Jadyn riding LisaJadyn feeding goats

Jadyn and Sadie Joyce teaching Jadyn Parelli

I was privileged to ride Sadie. Here’s pictures of me combing her mane and then out on the trail – oh….and we saw two hummingbird’s nest and got a picture of the teeny little eggs inside.

Me combing Sadie Me riding Sadie through 'the salad bar'

Hummingbird eggs We were able to watch a Ferrier take care of the hooves of all the horses. I’m glad I got to see him do his work because we witnessed what a thorough job was supposed to look like.  Jadyn even helped by holding the rope of one of the ponies.

Jeff trimming a hoof Jadyn holding a lead

One of the days we were there it rained really hard – while the sun was shining!  Jadyn had lots of fun with her umbrella and after a different rain shower we saw a beautiful rainbow.

Jadyn playing in the rainMother and daughter playing in the rain  

June3 007 copyHere’s pictures of my happy girl and of one of our picnics at Ace of Hearts.

Smiley Girl  Fashion model Jadyn

Me, Joe, Sandy and Jadyn hiding

Last, but not least: the inside of our bus.  :o)

Looking towards the back Looking towards the front

Great memories at Ace of Hearts ranch. We will cherish them always!

No comments:

Post a Comment