Monday, April 19, 2010

Getting Ready

Another day of getting ready to "Live Free." Working on sorting through our stuff to decide what to give to charity and what to keep. There are PILES of stuff all over the house. We have downsized so much already since leaving our house in Florida two years ago that I thought there wouldn't be much left. BUT....there is! Talk about simplifying! Our house in Florida seems like a mansion now compared to the apartment we are in now and especially so once we hit the road and will be living in a tent.
Lots to do! I'll post more later.

5 comments:

  1. WooHoo cant wait to follow your journey!! We are in the process of looking for our "rig" and starting our own journey of living free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting butterflies in my stomach as the day approaches. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We downsized when we moved from VT to FL almost two years ago. But wow how quickly you start accumulating things. When the thought dawned on me that we might someday hit the road and "live free" I just looked around and wondered what we would do with all this STUFF! Would we miss it? Would we regret parting with it? I just don't know. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That happened to us too. We realized we had a lot of stuff, but it didn't become apparent until we really starting sorting through everything - getting things out of closets/garage/attic. WOW! I've downsized in stages though which made it easier. I think something psychological goes on because things I thought "no way can I part with this" became easy to get rid of as each "material shedding" happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing adventure! Have fun enjoying the many different places your about to journey to :)

    ReplyDelete