Monday, April 26, 2010

Misery on the Prairie

We sold our bed yesterday and spent last night "practice" camping. Momma DID NOT like it! Or rather - Momma's 40 year old BODY did not like it! I think I only got a couple hours sleep and that was after switching over to the couch to sleep. I was miserable!  And Joe said he kept flip flopping like a fish. Jadyn slept good though. :o)
We had a lot of errands to do today and because I was so tired I kept falling asleep in the car. My head would bob down and it almost felt like I'd get whiplash trying to pop it back up again, "No, I ain't sleepin man. I was looking at something on my shirt."  One of the errands was to get an inflatable mattress - I am so looking forward to sleeping tonight!


I sold my rocking chair today. I was sad to see it go - it was 20 years old. I nursed both my children in it, rocked them to sleep in it, cuddled with them in it, sang songs to them in it, and told stories to them in it. I was secretly devising ways to tie it to the car so I could bring it with us - didn't the Beverly Hillbillies do that? Well, I don't plan on having any more children so I guess that's ok, BUT, it would've been nice to rock my grandchildren in. YIKES! Don't even want to think about grandchildren yet - my girls are too young. Speaking of young....my youngest just woke up not feeling good. Gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment