Monday, May 24, 2010

Boondocking – I’m glad it’s free.

Well, we’ve spent a whole week in the bus now.  It hasn’t been as bad as I thought it would be.  Except for last night, the nights have been really warm and we wake up feeling a little damp, not only from sweat but from the moisture in the air. Last night though we parked the bus a different direction and had a pretty good breeze all night. We have had a couple nights where we’ve spent the night at friends and that was very nice!

So, most of the time our days are spent at a state park by a lake or at the beach and at night we boondock at Walmart. Even though there’s a sign that says ‘No overnight parking’ we’ve learned otherwise. Most Walmarts don’t mind Rv’ers because they spend money there. Especially in our case. Every day we are buying something there – usually food. We don’t have much storage for cold food so we tend to buy fresh and eat it within the day. 

Right now Jadyn is sleeping (it’s after 9:30pm) and I’m waiting for Joe to get back from helping somebody out. I’m hoping we’ll get some free food from it. I like free stuff. :o)

Jadyn hanging out on a picnic table. She was sick and threw up on it so I spot cleaned it and was letting it dry.

J on a picnic table

Joe and Jadyn taking a nap together under a pavilion. There was such a nice cool breeze this day. It was such a perfect day for me, not only because of the breeze, but I was able to have some alone time on the bus to meditate and hem some curtains (and not sweat a puddle while doing so).

May24 008

Jadyn is checking out the wildlife through our binoculars.

May24 013

Our bed. Now how many bedrooms can sport an exit labeled “Emergency Door.” :o)

May24 014

My little helper.

May24 016

A fun day at the beach. I think it is so cool that the VAB (Vehicle Assembly Building) is in the background. It took me 20 minutes to climb the stairs in that sucker in my younger days. But, with my legs on fire, I made it to the top where I signed my initials along with others who had gone before me, including astronauts.

May24 019

Joe taking a shower at the beach. Jadyn and I took one before him and we used between the two of us only two 2-liter bottles of water for our shower – including washing our hair. That amazed me!

May24 031

This is where we set up camp at the beach (which is on the other side of this sand dune) – we showered and cooked lunch before we left.

May24 036

Us in the Walmart parking lot. We set the cook stove on the curb and heated up water for coffee and oatmeal.

May24 044

No comments:

Post a Comment