Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Perils of Living in a Garbage Can

No…we don’t live in a garbage can, but I was dreaming we were. The sounds of the dumpsters being dumped into the truck infiltrated my dream. I awoke with a start and snatched open the curtain so I could tell the garbage men not to dump us.  Funny stuff!

We got pulled over last night as we were driving to our next stop. I hurriedly reminded Joe that this is our home and the police can’t come into our home without a search warrant. We weren’t doing anything wrong so I thought he was just going to harass us. Well, as it turns out, our taillights were not working correctly. Joe and our friend Steve thought they had everything working correctly (after trying to fix another wiring problem), but apparently not. So while Joe was talking to the cop about it he thankfully developed a good rapport with him and he didn’t give us a ticket. He did suggest we sleep at the nearest Walmart and not to drive on because if we got into this other city we were heading for they would surely give us a $70 ticket. I said, “Thank you Jesus!” when he left because this was surely a blessing. It’s probably the only time I’ll hear Joe state, “Thank you for pulling us over officer.”

This is the best shower enclosure Joe has made for us yet. We set it up at the state park we day camp at and just as he was finishing it the park ranger pulls up and says, “You’re not planning on living here are you?” We laughed and Joe started talking to the guy – apparently he’s lived there since 1984 and he said he’s been noticing our bus in there several times. I guess he felt like he needed to make sure we’re okay and not some hippie freaks. :o) Anyway, the shower was great – I enjoyed having more room to move around although I wonder if “Big Brother” or someone else can zoom in on me using a satellite. Maybe I’ve been watching too many movies. :o)

May25 001

A beautiful rainbow over Patrick Air Force Base.

May25 007

I dream of Jeannie with the light brown hair. This is down in Cocoa Beach Florida.

May25 013

Miss J “surfing” at the Cocoa Beach Pier. She said, “Look! I’m surfboarding!”

May25 016 

The Great White Buffalo at the Pier. I would like to get a mural painted on it of buffalo roaming the plains and in the foreground a white buffalo. Anybody want to express their artistic talents in that way please see me. :o)

May25 021 (2)

I am happy to say that Joe successfully drove over this bridge. He had to sing a funny song REALLY LOUD to do it and the words were, “It’s just a bridge. It’s just a bridge.” over and over and over. :o)

May25 033

Not sure yet how long we’ll be in Florida, but if it’s for a while longer then I think I might check into some part-time work. I’ll have to see what’s available – I know there’s an RV park here looking for workampers. Hopefully we can go and talk to them tomorrow. It would be nice to have a “home-base” other than Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment