Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Our First Night Sleeping in the Bus

This weekend was our first time sleeping in the bus and so far we’ve been boondocking at the Walmart parking lot. The first night took a little getting used to. There were a lot of sirens, dragsters, and other Rv’ers. One pulled up right next to us about 2am and it sounded like a space ship putting it’s landing gears down.  It seemed as if all through the night there were people pulling up and camping out. We had our curtains closed so I couldn’t easily see how many people were out, but I said to Joe, “Man, it feels like we are surrounded!” He said, “Now you know how the cowboys felt” (I’m Native American).

I have to say again I have a good husband. Our first night sleeping at Walmart I needed a feminine product and couldn’t find where I’d put it. So he went into Walmart at 3am to get me some more. At least he didn’t have to drive there. :o)Thank you sweetie!

I’m sitting in a mall right now with the laptop plugged in while Joe is in a room here practicing Mixed Martial Arts with some people from church. I’m glad he is able to find people to continue his training.  And with the internet hotspots, hopefully we’ll find where others train in the different places we go to.

Here’s some pictures of what’s been going on.

This one is Joe scrubbing some tough spots before I mopped. Jadyn is overseeing our work.

May17 027 All our stuff on the lawn while we clean the bus. It’s still a lot isn’t it!?

May17 030

Fox Lake park - we went here after our first night at Walmart. We made breakfast and hung out for a little bit and enjoyed the morning.

May17 039

Jessie, her best friend Savannah, Samuel and Jadyn. We are on our way to the beach.

May17 044

Jessie by the boardwalk.

May17 048

Fun in the tidal pools.

May17 052

May17 055

May17 056

May17 057

May17 062

Joe made a shower for us with the tarp. He hooked it to the bus and we used a bug sprayer tank filled with water to wash with.

May17 066

Here’s another spot we like to hang out. This is a cool spot not only to watch the wind surfers, but the dolphins like to play here too.

May17 070

Here’s Joe putting window screen on the bus.

shuttlelaunchAtlantis 001

Here we are watching the Space Shuttle Atlantis launch. I cried. I was sad because that was the last flight of Atlantis. I’ve worked on each one of the space shuttles and they are all special to me. When you work on them long enough they become your" “baby”.

shuttlelaunchAtlantis 009

shuttlelaunchAtlantis 013

How we start our mornings: Coffee in a french press – I put stevia in mine.

May18 017copy

Fox Lake park again – hanging out under a pavilion with a curious family of sand hill cranes.

May18 003

May18 010

May18 015

No comments:

Post a Comment