Thursday, May 20, 2010

Our Plywood Bed

We finally have a platform for our bed, now we just need a bed. Joe and our friend Greg built the platform high enough so that I could have storage underneath and I love that extra storage!

May18 018 copyMay19 012

It was really nice sleeping on top of it even though we are only using sleeping bags, and we discovered that the length of the curtains over the bed don’t allow air to circulate. So we had a cozy and hot bedroom. I’ll have to hem them up to  get that good breeze again. I was very happy to find room darkening curtains at Walmart. When you are trying to sleep in a well-lit parking lot these curtains work great!

Joe put Armor All on the tires and now he wants to paint a black stripe down both sides. I guess I’ll have to Photoshop it to see if I’d like that.

May19 015

I need to give a shout out to our friends Greg and Steve for all their help in making the bus our home. Thank you so much guys! It is so very appreciated!!

3 comments:

  1. So where is the little one sleeping? Does she have a bed or cot??

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sleeps with us - she has since we brought her home from the hospital. We tried putting her in her own bed before but we (and she) weren't ready for that. :o)

    ReplyDelete